Teaching with Web Resources
Episcopal High School, Jacksonville FL. June 4, 2002
Prepared by Ron Broglio firstname.lastname@example.org
|1. Using online materials
as secondary resources for teachers and students.
What is good on the web?
· Sneak Peak
Victorian Women Poets Project
· Authoritative Sources
Voice of the Shuttle (VoS)
|2. Creating a class
web page as a resource. Archives and Show
· Sample Teacher's class pages from VoS h
· Jay Clayton. Just the syllabus online
· My Syllabi: as Class resources and as Links resources
· Georgia Tech's E-reserve uses PDFs
· Dictionary of Sensibility (discontinued) a student group project.
· Student writing web pages as in Jeff Rice's classes at Univ. Florida
More on Plagiarism Detection from their web sites
|4. Sample assignments using the web
in English projects
Using Medium to match the message:
· Visionary Selves, Virtual Landscapes
· Student writing web pages Jeff Rice (Univ. Florida)
· Matt Kirschenbaum's work and a sample class
Students learning by doing and making ("constructivist approach"
to learning). As they construct web pages, they have to think about design
and contrasts between print and web.